The CIDOC 2018 Conference program for student volunteers offers university students from around the world the opportunity to attend and contribute to one of the most well known and well respected conferences in the field of cultural heritage documentation. As a CIDOC 2018 student volunteer, you will interact closely with researchers, academics and experts from various CH disciplines while meeting other students from around the world.
The skills, talents and dedication of student volunteers are an essential contribution to the overall quality of the Conference.
The student volunteer role invol ves a range of duties, including, but not limited to:
- providing assistance to the Conference Secretariat staff;
- helping and directing other Conference participants; and
- contributing to the overall smooth running of the Conference functions and social events.
Duration of duties
Student volunteers must have availability for at least 5 FULL days between the 30th of September and 4th of October 2018.
Accepted student volunteers will be expected to offer a total of 24 hours of volunteering work.
Undergraduate, Master's, or Ph.D. students, regardless of discipline, who are enrolled during the academic year 2017-2018 / 2018-2019 can apply to volunteer.
|Application Deadline||5th September 2018|
|Initial Acceptance and Reserve List announcement||10th September 2018|
|Last Chance Deadline||10th September 2018|
Late Applications will be accepted and placed on a reserve list and will be subject to rolling notification of acceptance
The Student Volunteer should ideally:
- Be enthusiastic & intelligent
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- Have experience & strong interest in Cultural & Museum documentation
- Be fluent in English (Conference language)
- Be reliable, punctual & organized
- Be a self-starter
- Access to all open sessions (i.e., Parallel Paper Presentations, Workshops)
- Refreshments and victuals during breaks
- Entrance to the social events of the conference
How to apply
In order to volunteer in the conference please fill in the Registration Form.
All applications received by 5th September 2018 will be reviewed and applicants accepted as volunteers will be notified by the 10th of September, 2018.
A reserve list will also be drawn up based on the applications received before the preliminary registration deadline, but which had not initially been selected.
Please note that CIDOC2018 Student Volunteers are responsible for their own travel arrangements and accommodation.
If you have any questions, please send them via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put the title “Student Volunteer” in the subject line.