The bursary application period is over!
Selected applicants will be notified of their status by July 31st 2018.
We are pleased to announce that funding is available to support attendance at the CIDOC 2018 conference in Heraklion, Crete from September 29, to October 5, 2018.
A few grants are awarded by CIDOC as a contribution towards travel costs, accommodation (6 nights) and registration fees. Costs incurred in the home country, including but not limited to surface travel, accommodation, and visas, will not be covered by the grant.
- Applicants must be qualified professionals who are currently employed in a museum or a related institution;
- Applicants must be from a country listed as low or lower middle income, based on the latest World Development Indicators Database of the World Bank;
- Applicants must demonstrate a valid financial need, indicate all other possible sources of funding and provide evidence of efforts to obtain such funding;
- Applicants are encouraged to become members of ICOM.
Country of provenance:
Priority will be given to applicants from the following regions:
- Central and Eastern Europe
- Latin America
- Middle East
The applicant must demonstrate a valid financial need, indicate all other possible sources of funding and give evidence of efforts to obtain funding.
How to apply:
To apply, please fill in and submit the application form in English.
In addition to the completed form, you are required to send to the Bursary Committee of CIDOC 2018 the following attachments:
- CV (including list of publications)
- One recommendation letter from the head of the organization /institution where the candidate is presently working
You can send the attachments by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject field "CIDOC/Grant application"
Deadline for applications:
Deadline for applications is July 1st, 2018.
Selected applicants were notified of their status by July 31st 2018.
Submissions received after this date will not be considered!
Incomplete and late applications will not be considered!
All documents should be sent in an electronic format.